Reson8 is a consultancy that works with infrastructure owners and operators to get the best performance from their assets and harness the power of their people. That’s not all we do, but it’s our main focus.
We’re great at data insights, but we also excel at working with people to deliver sustainable change and performance improvement based on those insights. We offer three main services: operational excellence, operating model (re-)design and strategy execution.
We’ve been around since 2005 but 2020 has been an eventful year and we’ve re-branded, re-focused, introduced new talent – and we’re growing fast as a result. Our clients tend to be utilities but we also work in transport and manufacturing. We have ambitious plans and we’re looking for people who want to be part of a successful consulting practice.
We are looking for consultant to join our team and help us grow and develop – and for us to help you develop your career in consultancy. We’d like to treat this as the first step in a longer career with Reson8 and are looking for you to develop at an accelerated pace as we support your rapid growth.
We will offer you the chance to develop core management consulting skills and learn how a growing, nimble consultancy operates. You will work alongside the partners to help develop and shape the business. As a growing consultancy we can offer you an opportunity to get involved in the full breadth of activities associated with running a consultancy, something more established consultancies cannot offer. What we’re asking for in return is your commitment to support many parts of the business: client-facing analysis, case study development, marketing, methodology and more.
The majority of our clients are UK-based; travel within the UK will be required as we emerge from the Covid pandemic but it is our ambition to build back better and shift to a more balanced consulting model with 1-2 nights away in an average week. We believe that working from home is likely to play at least some part in the work pattern of the future. We do have some overseas clients and occasional travel abroad may be required too.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting Reson8’s team with client-facing work: performing analysis and presenting insights to clients
- Working with us to develop tools and methodologies – taking ideas and running with them; bringing novel solutions to client problems.
- Developing sales and marketing collateral – including web content, case studies and service offering descriptions
- Performing sector/client research to focus Reson8 in on relevant/hot topics
Skills and attributes for success
- Authenticity and strong personal impact
- Structured problem solver with an analytical approach
- Growth mindset and a desire to challenge established practices
- Resilient and able to work under pressure and manage through ambiguity
To qualify for the role, you must have
- c3 years’ experience in a Analyst / Consultant role, preferably within a Management Consultancy
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills: you will need to be able to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- The ability to use or to develop skills in analytical tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and OrgView
Ideally, you’ll also have
Relevant degree-level education and a strong interest or specialism in a career in management consultancy, preferable within utilities, infrastructure or transport. Experience in one of our core offerings of process excellence, op model design or strategy execution would be desirable.
What we look for
- Energetic people who are passionate about delivering the best for our clients
- We’re also looking for team members who want to contribute to a great team environment and continue to learn and grow with us
- As our business is evolving, we need people who can develop our service offerings, understand our client needs, grow our internal capability and maximise our knowledge and experience
What working at Reson8 offers
Above all, we believe in paying a fair rate. This is a full time role with a total package worth c.£40k. Benefits include competitive bonus, private health care, employer pension contributions and training. We believe this role will be best suited to someone who wants to accelerate their career in consulting. Perhaps someone who is not sure whether a large corporate organisation is for them and who wants to learn from founding Partners who have had successful consulting careers.
Reson8 is committed to creating a diverse environment, where employees feel empowered to share different ideas, perspectives and experiences in a collaborative working environment. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of our culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability or age.